Metro Express is part of a thriving community in the Treasure Valley, and we appreciate the efforts others put in to keep it that way. We try to help in our own way by assisting local charities and nonprofits, including providing donations, fundraising events, sharing information on our electronic signs, and other means.
Since 2010, Metro Express has raised about $14,500 for nonprofits by offering free car washes for a donation. Beneficiaries have included the Valley Crisis Center, Terry Reilly Health Services, Boise Rescue Mission, ArtFaire Inc. and others.
Metro Express has also given away hundreds of car wash passes to nonprofits for use as door prizes and is constantly running public service announcements and local artists on its downtown Boise electronic billboards. Contact us if you’d like to have more specific information about how we can help with your cause.
Every year we also participate in the Grace for Vets program, washing veteran’s cars for free on Veterans day.
How we can help
We can help by:
- Displaying local art work for free on our downtown signs.
- Donating wash certificates to charities for drawings and auctions.
- Running announcements for non profits on our downtown signs.
- Partnering with your nonprofit to hold a fundraising event at one of our washes.
Here’s how to take advantage of these:
To submit display artwork for the downtown signs:
Local artists need help sharing their art, and we need interesting images for our signs downtown – art can enhance our lives! We need six images cropped to 192 pixels wide by 72 pixels tall in BMP format. Also, send us those same images as full-size, uncropped JPEG files so we can put those on our Facebook art gallery. Images may be of photos of people, places, paintings, sculpture, abstract, real or computer-generated. Images must meet community standards, be your original artwork and non-commercial in nature. Submit images, along with your name and a Web site address, to email@example.com. We do ask artists to promote the display in their social media channels.
To request free wash certificates: Fill out a request on our contact page with a description of the event and a link to the event’s Web site or page. Events must be to assist a local non-profit club or similar charitable cause. We generally donate five free washes to qualifying events. We do ask that recipients acknowledge the donation in their social media channels and at the event.
Charity Sign Guidelines
- Must be a 501c3 registered non profit.
- Not political.
- No obvious religious agenda.
- Promoting a local event that our customers are interested in.
- Broad community support – event must be interesting to more than 100 people.
- The charity must acknowledge our support of their event in their next member newsletter, member email, Facebook page, Twitter account or at the event (example: adding a line at the end of their Newsletter saying “Thanks to Metro Express Car Wash for helping promote our latest fund raiser”, or post the same on their Twitter account).
- Must have at least 10 days of notice.
- Availability is first-come, first served.
- Cannot run for more than a week.
We can fit up to four short lines of text along with a graphic of any format. If you already have a file in place with all the information and would like to fit it to our board dimensions, they are 192 pixels wide by 72 pixels high. Submit all information on our contact page, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a 501(c)3 nonprofit and have an idea for a fundraising event for one of our washes, please contact us on our contact page. You might also want to have a look at our Facebook page for more information and examples of events we have done. Sorry, we can’t satisfy every request here.